If you have a “nervous stomach”, the key to your problem may be just the ginger tea. Stomach acid is essential in digesting food, and when we are under stress, this process can be disrupted. Nutritionist Alice McIntosh explains how ginger can stimulate the digestive secretions.
“Hot water combined with lemon and chopped ginger is a great way to stimulate digestion. Ginger is full of the antioxidant gingerol, which helps remove harmful chemicals produced by our body when we are anxious, and ginger helps in reducing psychological stress, “says McIntosh.
This drink also increases good mood and reverses negative feelings, and also alleviates or completely removes stress.
The benefits of ginger tea
- Reduces car sickness
- Regulates the feeling of discomfort in the stomach
- Reduces any type of inflammation, especially joints
- It calms coughs and colds
- Regulates circulation
- Relieves menstrual cramps
- Strengthens immunity because it contains antioxidants
- Reduces stress and improves mood.