Health Benefits Of Beetroot Juice
Beetroot juice is very low in calorie (only 40 calories / 100 gm serving), loaded with antioxidants and tender with minerals (sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, etc.). Learn how it can perk up your health:
1. Makes Digestion Smooth
The high dietary fibre content of beetroot helps in digestion while making bowel movement easy and averting constipation. It maintains the functions of intestinal nerves and improves our digestive health, thereby reducing various gastrointestinal issues like acidity, heartburn, bloating, hypochlorhydria, etc.
2. Keeps Liver Healthy
Being rich in antioxidants, especially glutathione, beetroot juice can prevent our liver from serious damages. The betaine present in the veggie makes it a potent detoxifying agent by stimulating the secretion of detoxifying enzymes inside the liver. It also promotes cell regeneration and fat disintegration within the organ in order to regularize its functionality with the help of its high methionine content.
3. Cures Anemia
Beetroot is loaded with iron and folate, which are essential for increasing hemoglobin level in our body, thereby curing diseases like anemia. Regular consumption of the vegetable can activate as well as reproduce Red Blood Corpuscles (RBCs) in our bloodstream. It not only makes hemoglobin level up, but also promotes the supply of oxygen throughout the body to prevent fatigue, dizziness, restlessness, insomnia, etc., which are associated with anemia.
4. Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation and all other related symptoms such as swelling, irritation, redness, pain, etc. can be reduced to a great extent by consuming fresh beetroot juice in a regular manner. According to scientists, the taproot portion of the beet plant contains antioxidant pigment betalain, which comes with excellent anti-inflammatory properties and helps our immune system act strongly without causing much discomfort.
5. Fights Against Cancer
Beetroot juice holds amazing anti-carcinogenic properties and this is attributable to its high betacyanin content. Studies have found that this compound can eliminate cancer-causing toxins from our body and put a stop to the further formation of cancerous tumors. Betacyanin mainly slows down the metabolism of cancer cells and decrease the amount of nitrosamine in our body, which helps in fighting against cancers of breast, blood, stomach, colon, prostate, testis and skin.
6. Promotes Detoxification
Beetroot juice is one of the best natural detoxifying agents. When it comes to maintaining the optimal functionalities of our body, beetroot can play a significant role anytime. The betalain content of the veggie can excrete all sorts of toxic materials from our body and helps in keeping the metabolism going smoothly.
7. Improves Stamina
As said before, beetroot juice can increase blood circulation throughout the body, thereby ensuring better supply of oxygen to the muscles. It also contains lots of nitrates, which turn into nitric oxide molecules to decrease oxygen consumption during workout and maintain its natural flow. These rejuvenate our entire physical system by perking up energy, endurance and stamina.
8. Averts Dementia
Daily intake of beetroot juice can keep dementia, memory loss, and other similar age-related ailments away. Being a nitrate-rich food, it can boost blood circulation throughout our body, which eventually ensures better supply of oxygen to the frontal lobes of our brain. This helps in preventing or at least delaying the loss of cognitive functions as we age.
9. Enhances Cardiovascular Health
There are very few vegetables which can enhance our cardiovascular health as extensively as beetroot. The nitrates present in the veggie are transformed into nitric oxide, which acts as a vasodilator and helps in lowering blood pressure by widening blood vessels as well as making circulation easy. Beetroot contains certain amino acid called betaine that eliminates homocysteine from bloodstream and protects blood vessels from damages. It is also loaded with antioxidants like carotenoids and flavonoids, which increase good cholesterol (HDL) level and decrease bad cholesterol (LDL) level in bloodstream to keep the inner walls of our arteries plaque-free.
Skin Benefits Of Beetroot Juice
A healthy, beautiful and glowing skin can result from frequent consumption of beetroot juice. Check out the benefits below:
- Topical application of beetroot juice can keep signs of aging at bay. The antioxidants content (mainly lycopene) of the vegetable can provide protection from the UV rays of the sun and neutralize harmful free radicals to prevent further formation of wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
- The high amount of vitamin C present in beetroot juice helps in reducing spots, blemishes and pigmentations. It also aids in the restoration of natural skin color to give us better complexion.
- Drinking beetroot juice in sufficient amount can keep even super dry skin hydrated and moisturized. It helps our skin get rid of the topmost dead cell layer and makes it soft, supple and smooth.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of beetroot juice can keep our skin clean and clear by preventing breakouts.
- The juice works as a natural blood purifier to give us a healthy radiant skin from inside.
Also Read – 7 Simple Fruit and Vegetable Juice Recipes for Fast Weight Loss Here
Hair Benefits Of Beetroot Juice
If you want to get healthy nourished hair, beetroot juice can be the answer. Know here how:
- As it comes packed with carotenoids, the quality and texture of hair fibers is improved drastically.
- Fresh beetroot juice is an amazing source of potassium, which reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth considerably.
- Dry, itchy scalp or excessive dandruff – all can be successfully treated just by drinking beetroot juice often. It contains calcium, potassium, phosphorous, vitamin B and vitamin C, which altogether helps in increasing blood circulation throughout the scalp, thereby making scalp healthy and endorsing hair growth.
In short, beetroot juice is the perfect remedy for our overall health and beauty. Are you ready to incorporate it in your diet?