Home / health / health benefits / healthy lifestyle / healthy living / Lemon / lemon water / 10 Things You Should Know About Lemon Water
Monday, March 7, 2016
1) Helps with Digestion. In Ayurvedic traditions, it is believed that toxins that are building up in our stomachs can cause diseases if not cleansed on time. Lemon helps your digestive system by stimulating the liver to produce more digestive fluid. It also helps it by adding more acid that helps break down food and flush out toxins.
2) Freshens Your Breath. Lemon helps you get rid of gingivitis and helps against toothaches. Just be sure not to brush your teeth for at least a couple of hours after drinking lemon water as the citric acid in lemon can erode tooth enamel.
3) Relieves Constipation. Lemon water is a natural way to relieve constipation as quickly as possible. Lemon stimulates the bowels, and it helps your intestines produce mucus, which is needed for optimal functionality. It also hydrates the colon and moisturizes dry stools.
4) Helps You Get a Clear Skin. Lemons are full of antioxidants that are needed by your skin in order to be blemish-free. These antioxidants also help decrease wrinkles. Fun fact: when used regularly, lemons can help diminish scars and dark spots!
5) Cleanses the Lymphatic System. Some medicine practices believe that a dehydrated lymphatic system is a general cause of illness. Drinking lemon water helps hydrate the lymphatic system. When it is not properly hydrated, it makes you feel tired, constipated, or just plain sickly. Lemon water can help you cure all these symptoms and also upgrade your immunity, which helps prevent them in the first place.
6) Reduces Bloating. Lemon water helps in relieving constipation, which causes you to lose water weight. Lemons also contain pectin fiber, which is helpful against hunger cravings.
7) Reduces Inflammation. Drinking lemon water regularly decreases the level of acidity in your body. In particular, it reduces uric acid in your joints, which helps ease joint inflammation.
8) Gives You Energy. Drinking lemon water on a daily basis helps your body become healthier, which means that the energy that it was losing fighting off toxins and illnesses will be free to spend anyway you want!
9) Boosts Your Mood. Lemons are rich with potassium, which is an essential nutrient for proper nerve and muscle functionality. Potassium is the key in helping your nerve system produce and deliver more neurotransmitters that boost your mood. Low potassium levels can be linked with anxiety and depression.
10) Helps You Cut out Energy Drinks and Caffeine. With all the healing and energy your body will receive from drinking lemon water, caffeine and energy drinks will be past! Plus, drinking this as your first drink in the morning—rather than a coffee—might help you lose your desire to grab a latte afterward.