As a result of this, your eyes begin to look swollen and the dark circles that form around them make you look older than you really are. Apart from aging, which is a natural process your body goes through, there are other factors that contribute to drooping or swollen eyelids. For instance, people going through hormonal changes are often under slept and stress out. This inevitably results in saggy eyelids. Also, many lifestyle habits, such as drinking and smoking, can lead to premature aging. Last, but not least, your genetics also plays a role.
Aside from the tired looks you get from drooping eyelids, the weight they put on the eye muscles can make it harder for you to keep your eyes open. Plus, applying makeup is more difficult than usual. The saggy skin on the eyelid makes the eyeliner and eye shadow less visible, thus reducing the effect of your makeup.
Luckily, there’s one simple home recipe that can effectively prevent this common esthetic issue.
What you need:
- 1 egg white
- 1 cotton swab
What you do:
- The first thing you do is thoroughly clean your eyelids from makeup and dry them.
- Take the egg and separate the white from the yolk. For the treatment, you’ll only need the egg white.
- Soak a cotton swab into the egg white.
- Close your eyelid and gently apply the egg white across your eyelid.
- Keep your eyes closed while waiting for the egg white to dry thoroughly.
- Alternatively, use a fan to speed up the process.