First asset of the watermelon is that is delicious! I don`t know a person that can remain indifferent to this piece of heaven, it feels like it melts in your mouth and refreshes your whole organism.
There are many ways in which you can consume watermelon. We are all know how beneficial are raw fruits and veggies for us, and you know what the awesome part is?
Watermelon is extremely cheap during its season and it provides us with a lot of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for a low amount of calories, so take advantage of it as much as you can because believe me you can get fed up with it.
Additionally, making juices and smoothies is just the same as eating it raw. Healthily produced smoothies and juices without sugar or any other additives, contain the same percentage of vitamins as raw watermelon.
Now, let`s briefly talk about the nutritional value of this fruit. Watermelon is full with electrolytes and water, which is perfect for hydration during boiling summer days. Also Watermelon is rich with A vitamin, famous for beating oral and cavity cancer and also a potent antioxidant. It also contains a considerable amount of B1, B2 vitamin and C vitamin. So, do you still have doubts about preparing this smoothie? I don`t think so!
- Cup Green Grapes
- Cups of Watermelon
- 1/4 cup water (or sub for raw coconut water)
- 1-2 limes, peeled & deseeded
- pinch of cayenne
I know that you can be skeptic about the cayenne, but thrust me in this smoothie it gives a perfect spice to the rest of the ingredients. It is better first to blend the watermelon, the green grapes, the limes and the cayenne, in that way they will be even and after that pour the water. The rest is up to you, decorating by taste, you can also add Himalayan salt for flavor, but those are only few touches which depend from person to person.
5 Extraordinary facts about this smoothie:
- Watermelons: cleanse your body, help you get rid of the old wastes in your body and boost your metabolism.
- Green grapes: rich with minerals such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, they help you look younger and healthier.
- Limes: powerful sources of C vitamin (even more than lemon), they boost your immune system and improve your wellbeing.
- Cayenne: helps digestion, detox your body, anti-bacterial and helps your immune system.
- Water: like suggested you can choose coconut water or I sometimes choose mineral water (if you are fan of fizzy drinks), helps you stay hydrated and in combination with the watermelon, it is great for detox of your whole body. You will feel like you have hit the refresh button.