Crow’s feet can also appear as a result of other contributing factors including excessive sun exposure, smoking, and pollution.
These wrinkles around the outer corners of your eyes should not cause you worry, especially as there are a few efficient natural methods to get rid of them. These homemade remedies use natural ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This ingredients are extremely beneficial for restoring moisture and elasticity to your skin.
1# Egg WhitesEgg whites are full of protein, which stimulates collagen production, which in turn improves skin’s elasticity and reduces crow’s feet. Simply beat one egg white well. You should get a foamy consistency. Apply this around your eyes and along your cheekbones. You should leave the egg white to act for 10 minutes. Afterwards, clean it with a cotton ball dipped in cold water. Repeat the treatment twice a week.
2# Coconut OilThis oil is abundant in medicinal properties. It is a natural moisturizer, rich in vitamin E, which not only moisturizes your skin, but also nourishes skin cells and tissues. Moreover, coconut oil packs high amounts of linoleic acid, which has the ability to reconnect broken skin tissues, thus preventing the appearnce of crow’s-feet, fine lines and sagging skin that normally occurs with age.
This coconut oil treatment is very simple. Each night before going to bed, rub a few drops of pure extra virgin coconut oil on the skin around your eyes. The longer it’s left on the skin, the better results it gives, which makes night time perfect for this.
3# Castor OilThis natural emollient is extremely efficient in softening your skin and reducing the appearance of crow’s-feet, wrinkles and fine lines. Similarly to coconut oil, it’s best left to act overnight. Simply massage a few drops of castor oil gently into the skin around your eyes before going to bed. Wash it off in the morning. Repeat the treatment regularly.
Alternatively, you can mix one teaspoon of castor oil with the same amount of sesame oil and apply on your crow’s feet every night before going to bed.
4# AvocadoAvocado has strong antibacterial and antioxidant properties and is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that are excellent for revitalizing dry and dull skin. Also, the high vitamin D and E content in avocado helpsstimulate the production of collagen, which in turn reduces the appearance of crow’s-feet.
- Mash the pulp of one ripe avocado and apply it on your crow’s-feet. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Do this once daily to keep your skin moisturized and wrinkle free.
- Mix the pulp of a ripe avocado and three teaspoons of sweet almond oil. Spread the mixture thoroughly around your eyes. Leave it on for about 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water. Do this once daily to see positive results.
5# CucumbersCucumbers have thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamins B5 and B6, and more that help nourish the skin. It also has soothing properties that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles around eyes.
- Grate a cucumber and apply its juice around your eyes. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Repeat the process two or three times a day for several weeks.
- Alternatively, you can cut a cucumber into thick slices and rub them around your eyes gently for a few minutes twice daily.
6# Aloe VeraAloe vera is one of the best natural ingredients for removing crow’s-feet. Its antioxidant properties helpfight off free radicals that may cause wrinkling. Also, it contains essential vitamins and minerals that help moisturize, brighten and tone the skin.
- Drink one tablespoon of aloe vera juice twice daily to get the benefits of its antioxidant properties.
- Alternatively, take a fresh aloe vera leaf, squeeze out the gel, and apply it generously around the eyes before going to bed. In the morning, wash your face with cold water. Do this daily for a few weeks. You will have firmer, hydrated skin, and your crow’s-feet will be less visible.
#7 PapayaPapaya is rich in vitamin C that helps fight off free-radical damage to your skin and stimulates collagen production. Plus, papaya contains an enzyme called papain that helps remove dead skin cells and tighten the skin.
- Gently rub a piece of raw papaya against the skin. Leave it on for 1O minutes or until dry and then rinse it off with cold water. Do this once daily.
- Alternatively, scrape out the pulp of a ripe papaya and mix it with some dry oatmeal. Apply the mixture on your skin and gently massage the area. Leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. Do this two or three times a week.
- Simply mash up half of a ripe papaya and add one tablespoon of olive oil to make a smooth pack. Apply the face pack and leave it on to dry for 10 minutes before washing it off with cold water. Repeat the process every two days.
#8 Lemon JuiceLemon juice is rich in citric acid that acts as a strong exfoliant and helps get rid of crow’s-feet. Also, its excellent astringent properties can make your skin smooth and help fade blemishes.
- Gently rub a little bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice into your crow’s-feet. Leave it on for five or 10 minutes and then rinse your face with cold water. Do this two or three times a day.
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of orange juice. Apply the mixture to your crow’s-feet and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water. Do this once daily.
In addition to these remedies, be sure to wear a high SPF sunscreen daily, don’t smoke, drink plenty of water, and follow a healthy diet to reduce the appearance of crow’s-feet.