11 Health benefits of pomegranate
- Pomegranate lowers the body fat especially the most dangerous type of fat- visceral fat.
- Rich in antioxidants and that is why it prevents heart diseases.
- Decreases bad LDL cholesterol levels.
- Reduces plaque deposits in the arteries and prevents blood clots.
- Regular consumption of pomegranate prevents breast cancer, lymphoma, prostate cancer, and diabetes.
- Pomegranate is rich in vitamin C which helps in the fight against infections.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which can help in defeating inflammations.
- Pomegranate is a beneficial for your teeth as well.
- Pomegranate improves liver function.
- Pomegranate protects DNA.
- It protects the newborns. A study has shown that drinking pomegranate juice during pregnancy helps in protecting the baby’s brain.
Firm, smooth and large pomegranate is the best choice. Good pomegranate is rich in color without blemishes and cuts.
Keep the fruit in dry and cool place and it will be eatable for a month. But if you place it in the fridge it will last for 2 months.
Raw pomegranate is always the best choice but you can consume it within salads and desserts.