- 2 Carrots
- 1 Apple
- ½ of a large beet or a whole small beet
- An inch-long piece of ginger is optional
To make: Slice the beet, carrot and apple. Squeeze the beet juice into a juicer. Keep the juice in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Wait an hour and then squeeze the juice from the apples and carrots and add it. Consume this about 30 to 40 minutes prior to breakfast. When consumed daily for three months, improvements to overall health should be noticed.
NOTE: Ginger is only optional because some people do not like the taste. However, it is a great option because of its numerous health benefits such as protecting the liver from damage, stimulating efficient digestion, preventing liver fibrosis and other liver related issues. If ginger is added, combine it with the carrot and apple juice mix.
You MUST follow the instructions completely and don’t combine all of the ingredients at once. Beet juice is refrigerated for an hour to eliminate any substances in it that may cause adverse reactions like dizziness, vomiting, or nausea. If combined incorrectly, they lose their properties but when they start to react with oxygen, they will not cause side effects.
- This drink can help prevent cancer. Research indicates that beets contain pigment betacyaninis which can counteract the growth of cancer cells, therefore preventing skin, lung, and colon cancer. Carrots produce a natural pesticide that has anticancer properties called falcarinol and falcarindiol. Researchers have only recently discovered them. Additionally, people who eat apples are less likely to develop breast, lung, colon, or liver cancer and this could be linked to the potency of quercetin and naringin flavonoids present in the fruit.
- This miraculous beverage can improve bowel functioning, cleanses the body, and helps get rid of toxins in the system due to the density richness of vitamin A in carrots. The drink also can reduce the levels of fat and bile in the liver and fiber helps to cleanse the colon.
- This drink may prevent heart disease because a diet high in carotenoids has been linked to lower the risks. Beetroot is dense in potassium and can also increase heart health.
- You can improve oral care because carrots create the production of saliva and also stimulates the gums. Since saliva is alkaline, it helps to balance out any acids in the mouth which could cause cavities. Apples also increase saliva production and helps promote healthier teeth. Each time a person bites into an apple, extra saliva lowers the amount of bacteria in the mouth and reduces tooth decay. It also helps to eliminate bad breath.
- The components help manage diabetes. Pectin found in apples helps to supply the body with galacturonic acid. When the body receives more of this acid, it lowers the need for insulin and can help manage diabetes. Research also indicates that carrots have a normal glucose content which can help to balance blood sugar levels.
- This drink can help brighten skin and make it healthier due to all the vitamins and antioxidants. Drinking it can help protect skin from damage and prevents acne, early wrinkling, dry skin, blemishes, pigmentation, and uneven skin tone.
- According to a Brazilian study, this might also be helpful in losing weight. The study showed that a woman who ate three pears or apples each day lost more weight while dieting than women who didn’t during a dieting phase.
As you can see, there are many benefits from just a few ingredients.