1. Garlic: Allicin, the active compound in garlic that gives garlic its distinct flavor, has proved beneficial for preventing several types of cancer. Crush or chop garlic to release allicin and add it to any vegetable stir fry or pasta dish.
2. Broccoli: This cruciferous vegetable is abundant in sulforaphane, a phytochemical that not only inhibits cancer cell formation, but also destroys already existent cancer, according to a study by the University of Oregon.
3. Cabbage: According to the same study, this cruciferous vegetable can destroy cancer cells while leaving the healthy cells intact. Plus, it’s a great source of the antioxidant vitamin C, which leads to a better overall immune system.
4. Olive Oil: Olive oil is rich in oleocanthal , a compound that punctures vesicles inside the cancer cells storing the cells’ waste, a study from Rutgers University discovered. This process destroys cancer cells.
5. Salmon: Salmon has high content of omega-3 fatty acid, which is extremely efficient against cancer cells. Grilled or roasted, salmon can be made even more delicious with a simple brown sugar glaze.
6. Tumeric: Curcumin, the active component of turmeric, kills tumor cells by regulating multiple cell-signaling pathways, a number of studies confirm. This spice is quite versatile and can be added to any dish including scrambled eggs, chicken, and many more.
7. Raspberries: Raspberries are packed with ellagic acid, a natural anti-carcinogen that prevents the formation and spreading of cancer cells. There are other foods that contain ellagic acid, but raspberries have the highest concentration.
8. Cherries: Cherries contain perillyl alcohol, a compound which efficiently destroys a number of cancer cells. You can add this delicious fruit in a fruit salad, or even on top of the occasional ice cream sundae.
9. Dark Chocolate (in small servings): Cacao beans are rich in anti-oxidants which lower the risk of cancer, so a little dark chocolate with high cacao content every day can actually be quite health beneficial.
10. Green Tea: Green tea is packed with catechin, an agent that successfully destroys free radicals linked to cancer. Loose leaf tea is more recommended that tea from bags because of the higher release of catechins.
Finally, the best option to prevent cancer is a balanced diet containing these ten foods.