Bananas are rich in carbohydrates that provide energy to the body, especially the brain. It contains several minerals such as potassium, copper, zinc, calcium, selenium, iodine, etc. This fruit is also rich in fiber that promote proper functioning of the digestive tract and relieve some disorders such as diarrhea or constipation. Here are 10 benefits when eating two bananas a day:
10 benefits when eating two bananas a day
- Bananas are high in potassium. This is effective in preventing disorders such as hypertension; a banana can provide 360 milligrams of potassium. Moreover, researchers from the University of Warwick and the University of Naples confirmed that moderate consumption of salt and potassium-rich foods could prevent 1 million heart attacks per year worldwide. Potassium is an electrolyte needed for muscle contraction of the heart. In case the presence of low potassium in the body, the heart has trouble pumping blood throughout the body. Do not hesitate to consume!
- If you have digestive problems like constipation, eat a banana. It is rich in dietary fiber that facilitates intestinal transit, stimulate the production of stools and give them a good consistency to soften to facilitate their passage through the colon. The banana is a natural laxative. However, it is advisable to avoid the green bananas and eat the ripe banana.
- Many people prefer to avoid ripe bananas because of the brown spots. However, they are much more effective than bananas that still have green skin and have no spots. Indeed, a study conducted at the University of Tokyo by Senji professor showed that ripe bananas contain a substance called TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor) that has the capacity to act against abnormal cells body, in particular cancer cells. However, scientists do not all agree on the subject. The riper the bananas the more they are rich in antioxidants and sugars. It is not recommended for people with diabetes.
- The banana has an antacid effect in the body. It is very effective against heartburn and restores the natural pH. Moreover, this fruit stimulates the stomach to produce more mucus to protect against the acidity.
- Bananas are an important source of iron which unfortunately the body can’t make. Iron plays an important role in the formation of hemoglobin found in red blood cells and helps prevent disorders such as anemia.
- Banana is very effective in relieving cough and sore throat. It will act as a protective barrier, and will reduce the amount of mucus.
- The banana contains a protein called tryptophan which, when it enters the body, it is converted into serotonin. This is a chemical messenger produced by neurons which has a relaxing effect. When this hormone is not produced sufficiently, this can cause illnesses such as depression.
- If you are going to take an exam or you are in a hurry, feel free to take a banana with you. A 2008 study showed that people who consumed this fruit before their exams had better results than those not consuming it. This is due to the richness of potassium in the fruit that improves concentration, learning and memory.
- Pregnant women must constantly pay attention to their diet. They should therefore not hesitate to eat fruits like bananas. These regulate the level of sugar in the blood and prevent morning sickness. In addition, the pregnant woman needs about 4,700 mg of potassium per day; do not hesitate to consume potassium-rich fruits.
- Bananas are very effective in smoking cessation. They are rich in vitamin B1 and B6, which combined with potassium and magnesium, helps the body resist nicotine withdrawal.
Furthermore, in Thailand bananas are used to lower the temperature in women who are about to give birth. Compared with apple, banana contains:
• 4 times more protein
• 2 times more carbohydrates
• 3 times more phosphorus
• 5 times as much vitamin A and iron
• 2 times more minerals and vitamins.
Still not sure?