It is not only delicious, but healthy as well. Cauliflower contains an abundance of vitamins that are bodies crave for, including thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, omega-3’s, and vitamin K. It is high in vegetable protein, phosphorus, and potassium.
Cauliflower is efficient in the treatment of breast, colon, prostate, and ovarian cancer. It provides powerful nutritious support for several body systems associated with the cancer prevention. Cauliflower also contains certain compounds that resist cancer, and have the ability to eliminate the cancer enzymes. It is rich in sulforaphane, a sulphur compound that is known for its power to destroy cancer stem cells.
Cauliflower is also good for your cardiovascular and digestive system, and not to mention its anti-inflammatory properties. Sulforaphane contained in cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables can efficiently regulate your blood pressure and kidney function.
The crunchy vegetable is rich in choline, vitamin from the B group, known for its role in the brain development. Pregnant women should consume more choline, and it is also able to diminish age-related memory loss.
Chia seeds are an important ingredient for this healthy vegan crust. The tiny black seeds are high in fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and omega-3. Chia seeds contain antioxidants that decrease the production of free radicals, which damage the molecules that contribute to the ageing process and disastrous diseases like cancer.
Enjoy this delicious crust, and we guarantee that you will not be disappointed in its flavor or health benefits!
- 1 large cauliflower head (organic)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the chia seeds to the water and keep the mixture in your fridge for 20 minutes. You may want to do this before you start with the preparation.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, and blend until you get a fine rice-like texture.
- Add 3 cups of the processed cauliflower to a larger bowl, then add the almonds, oregano, salt and pepper. Make a small hole in the center of the mixture and add the chia goop.
- Mix the ingredients using your hand, and make a nice ball. Make sure it is loose and sticky, nothing like the traditional dough.
- Using your hands, form a flat crust on the baking tray. Make a ridge at the edges, and bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Add your favorite tomato base and toppings of your choice. Bake for another 5-10 minutes. Enjoy this healthy meal.