Sciatica does not just occur, it develops over time and it is mostly experienced by people in their middle ages. To some people it can cause unbearable pain while to others it is experienced in frequencies. Visit a doctor for more information.
SYMPTOMS OF SCIATICA
- Pain in leg and butt which plummets when you sit.
- One may feel burning or tingling sensations on the leg.
- Numb and weak leg curtailing motion.
- Difficulty in standing due to pain.
- In some situation, there is loss of control of bowel or bladder.
CAUSES OF SCIATICA
An irritation at the origin of spine branches then pains are experienced.
Thinning of the spine route.
Lack of exercises
Spine branches overlap one another.
When discs breakdown. Discs usually act as cushions between the vertebrae.
Sleeping on a soft mattress or
Wearing high heels.
– Buying pain killers from the pharmacy or shop.
– Taking prescribed pain killers.
– Medicine that reduces muscle spasm.
– Antidepressants for chronic pain.
– Bed rest is not recommended when you are having Sciatica pains. Try doing exercises that will help strengthen the abdominal and back muscles.
– Controlled Exercises.
– Wrong exercises can make things worse.
3.COMPLEMENTARY OR ALTERNATIVE REMEDIES
– Massage therapy: This helps in blood circulation and muscle relaxation. It also releases the body’s natural pain reliever.
– Acupuncture: This is when needles are placed on the skin but in a special manner. It is believed to release energy or balance the flow of energy. Acupuncture believes that pain is caused by the blockage of energy in the body.
– Manual manipulation: This is when the spine is manually aligned. Get a professional for this.
This is usually the last resort. When persists and becomes severe for at least six weeks and you have tried other methods without success then it is wise to see a specialist who might recommend surgery to remove the underlying problem.