Home / health / health benefits / healthy eating / healthy food / okra / Vegetable / The Underused Wonder Vegetable: 16 Amazing Health Benefits Of Okra
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Anti-diabetic properties – There is study in Journal of Pharmacy and Bio allied Sciences in 2011 where was written that rats that has diabetic have significant reduction on blood glucose levels when fed with okra pees and seed powder for 28 days. The scientist credited this result to the high fiber content in okra, which is helping to stabilize blood sugar with controlling the rate at which sugar is captivated from the abdominal tract.
Okra Nutrition Value
Okra low calories and it is rich with vitamins of the category A, Thiamin, B6, C, folic acid, riboflavin, calcium, zinc and dietary fiber. Okra is recommended for pregnant ladies because it has folic acid. This acid is essential in the neural tube formation of the fetus between 4-12 weeks of pregnancy period into the mother’s womb. This is why Cleopatra was so beautiful.
Vitamins – Cup measure of it contains 26.1 mg of cell reinforcement vitamin C, which kills free radicals and advances a healthy immune system. Okra is also rich in B-complex vitamins, with a cup full up to 211mg of thiamin, or vitamin B-1, and .088 mg of riboflavin, or vitamin B-2, this vitamins are usefully for getting more energy in our body. Also it has .299 mg – or 20 percent of the recommended value for one day of vitamin B-6, or pyridoxine, that are need to produce more than 100 enzymes involved in protein metabolism. In the end it also provides 452 IU of vitamin A – needed for respiratory tract health – together with 272 mcg of the valuable plant pigment beta-carotene, converted to vitamin A in the body.
Minerals – Okra has 123 mg of calcium for one cup, and it provides more than10 percent of the daily value of this crucial mineral, that is good for strong bones and teeth. It has 216 mg of potassium, which is good for stabling blood pressure and heart rate. Also okra has .45 mg iron, which is needed for hemoglobin creation. Okra gives healthy quantities of necessary trace minerals, with .69 mg of zinc, needed for wound healing; .136 mg of copper, necessary to produce red blood cells; and .470 mg of manganese, crucial for producing the natural antioxidant superoxide dismutase.
16 Health Benefits of okra
1. The pods have big amounts of vitamin A, and flavonoid anti-oxidants like beta-carotenes, xanthin and lutein. This green vegetable is one with the highest level of these antioxidants. They also have antioxidant properties and are crucial for vision. Vitamin A is good for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin. Also consuming fruits and vegetables rich in flavonoids is protecting lung and oral cavity from cancers.
2. The fiber that okra has is stabilizing the blood sugar with decreasing the rate at which sugar is absorbed within the abdominal tract.
3. The mucilage ties cholesterol and bile toxins conveying poisons dumped into it by the sifting liver
4. It is great help in grease up the digestive organs because of its mass diuretic qualities. This fiber conforms water and guarantees mass in stools. These aides avoid and enhance constipation. It’s not like the hard wheat bran, which can aggravate or harm the intestinal tract, okra’s mucilage relieves, and encourages end all the more agreeably by its oily characteristic. It ties extra cholesterol and toxins (inside bile acids), these can bring about various wellbeing issues. Okra guarantees simple entry out of waste from the body. It is totally non-dangerous, non-propensity framing, has no unfriendly reactions, is brimming with nutrients, and is financially goof for most people, not like some other medicaments.
5. The okras fiber is great for feeding the probiotics. This is good for the abdominal tract.
6. For people who feel week, exhausted and depressed this is great vegetable
7. Keeps joints elastic and used for improving ulcers. It is neutralizing acids, being very soluble, and gives a temporary protective covering to the digestive tract
8. Okra can also help the lung infections, sore throat, and stops the irritation of the bowel.
9. It is using in testing for blood plasma substitutions.
10. Can regulate cholesterol and blood sugar.
11. It is great for asthma because it has vitamin C which is antioxidant and it’s stopping inflammatory, as well as stopping the asthma disease.
12. Scientists are sure that okra is protecting us from some types of tumors, mostly from the colorectal cancer.
13. It is big help for blood capillary structure.
14. Also there is information that eating okra lowers the danger of having cataracts.
15. Preventing diabetes. The fiber that we can find in okra has big effect on the blood glucose levels, because it can be good in slowing the amount of sugar absorbed from the intestinal tract.
16. Okra defends you from acnes and helps the skin to be smooth and beautiful. Maybe now we can realize why Cleopatra loved it.