When the structures in the throat are relaxed, they are making noise. It is assumed as sleeping disarray, which can lead to serious medical and social effect.
You will need to undertake some steps if you suffer from this problem, because your nights will not be as restful and peaceful as they should be.
There are many products that should ease this problem, yet none of them has proven successful. You can’t find a cure for snoring, you need to make some changes in your lifestyle, and some homemade remedies can assist you in controlling it.
The top 10 remedies for snoring:
The peppermint has anti-inflammatory properties, which will decrease swelling of the membranes in the lining of the throat and nostrils, therefore you will have eased and smooth breathing. This remedy is very efficient against temporarily snoring caused by allergy, a dry or cold air.
- Mix one or two drops of peppermint oil with a glass of water and gargle it before sleeping. Do this constantly every day until you have results.
- If your snoring is a result of dry air and congestion, all you need to do is to add several drops of peppermint oil to a humidifier half an hour before sleeping. Run it over night, and this will open your airways.
- Rub some peppermint oil into the lower section of each side of your nose before sleeping.
2. Olive oil
Olive oil is good against inflammations, soothes the tissues of respiratory passages and decreases the swelling to ensure a clear streaming for air. It will decrease soreness. Using this remedy regularly will lessen the vibration in the throat, which stops the snoring.
- Before going to bed, take two or three sips of olive oil.
- Melt half teaspoon of olive oil and honey and consume it daily before sleeping.
One of the main reasons behind snoring is nasal obstruction. The best way to reduce obstruction is inhaling steam.
- Fill a large bowl with boiling water
- Put few drops of eucalyptus essential oil, or tea tree essential oil
- Inhale the steam deeply for 10 minutes through your nose. Hold a towel over your head.
- Implement this process every day before sleeping, until obstruction is cleared.
4. Clarified Butter
To free your obstructed nasal channels use clarified butter, also known as ghee. You will snore less and sleep far better.
- Put a small amount of clarified butter in the microwave and warm it slightly
- Put two or three drops of tepid clarified butter in each nostril, using a dropper.
- Do this every night before sleeping, and every morning after waking up.
It’s very efficient in opening obstructed nasal channels because of its expectorant and decongestant properties. Using cardamom will cause less snoring.
- Apply one-half teaspoon of cardamom powder in a glass of warm water
- Consume it half an hour before sleeping
- Do this every day and you will decrease your snoring step by step
Because of its antiseptic and antibiotic properties, turmeric is very effective against inflammation and will assist in decreasing heavy snoring. In order to treat snoring, use turmeric with milk.
- Mix two teaspoons of turmeric powder with a glass of warm milk.
- Drink it half an hour before sleeping
- Do this procedure daily
This drink will allow you to breathe easier while sleeping and will bolster your immune system.
If the snoring appears at a particular time of year, it’s maybe caused by any seasonal allergy that evokes inflammation on the nasal channels. Treat this temporary snoring with nettle because of its anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties.
- Whisk one tablespoon with one cup of boiling water
- Allow it to rest for five minutes and then strain it
- Drink the tea before sleeping
- You will prevent snoring by drinking few cups of nettle leaf tea daily in allergy season.
Garlic will decrease assembling the slime in your nasal channels, also the inflammation in the respiratory system. If you have sinus obstruction, garlic will help you.
- Masticate couple of garlic cloves. Drink a glass of water. Do this every night before sleeping.
- Use garlic in your cooking, and eat your food while it’s still hot.
Honey will diminish your inflammation and swelling in your throat area that blocks your airways. Honey will prevent snoring by greasing your throat.
- Apply one tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm water and drink it before sleeping
- Use honey to sweeten your herbal teas
Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, chamomile will assist in stopping your snoring. It acts as a nerve and muscle relaxant, thus will ease tensed muscles and nerves.
- Apply one tablespoon of chamomile flowers in one cup of water and boil it for 15 minutes
- After straining it add one teaspoon of honey
- Drink the tea before sleeping
You can use the following tips:
Overweight people are having extra tissue in the throat that causes snoring. If you are overweight, it’s better for you to start losing some weight.
Sleep on your side. When you are sleeping on your back you are obstructing your airways with your tongue, which rests against the back of your throat.
Keep your head raised about 5-6 inches from your bad. Use extra pillows. This will disable the tissues in your throat to obstruct your air passages.
In order to breathe easier while sleeping, use nasal strips.
Alcohol depresses your nervous system, which causes snoring. Elude drinking alcohol two hours before sleeping.
If you sing before sleeping you will improve muscle control of the soft palate and upper throat.
If you are a smoker, it’s better to quit it. It irritates the lining of the nasal cavity and throat, which bolsters swelling and snoring.
You will eradicate snoring by implementing these natural preventive treatments along with any tips from above.