Here we offer 4 uses of these leaves in treatment of various skin issues.
Get rid of wrinkles
Numerous studies have confirmed guava’s anticancer properties finding that the leaf is even more powerful in destroying free radicals in the body than the fruit itself. This also classifies guava leaves as a potent anti-wrinkle tool. Apart from fighting wrinkles successfully, they can also improve your skin quality.
A study published in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine found that guava leaves have extremely powerful antibacterial properties which are highly beneficial against microscopic organisms causing acne. Except for eliminating the causes of acne, guava leaves can sooth your skin and reduce the appearance of pimples.
Cure atopic dermatitis
Guava leaves also contain anti-allergic properties that inhibit the creation of histamines (chemicals that are released in the body as part of an allergic reaction, causing the typical itching, sneezing, wheezing and swelling allergy symptoms). Moreover, the leaves can also relieve the redness and irritation caused by atopic dermatitis.
Lighten dark spots
Blemishes such as red and dark spots on your face can also be treated with guava leaves. The leaf contains agents that help reduce irritation by destroying microscopic organisms. It also acts as a toning agent.
- Take a couple of guava leaves. If you are treating atopic dermatitis, then use dried leaves.
- Crush the leaves and add them to a saucepan of boiling water.
- Let them boil until the water turns brownish and looks concentrated.
- Leave it to cool.
- Then using a cotton ball, apply the tonic all over your face or on the affected area.
- Let it act for about fifteen minutes.
- Then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Do the treatment twice a week for better results.
In case of atopic dermatitis, crush the dried leaves and add them to a tub of warm water. This will efficiently relieve itching and redness, thus easing the uncomfortable feeling they produce.