Ginger therapy relies on its powerful healing properties and benefits of ginger alone or in combination with certain herbs, spices and oils. If you use ginger this way, no infection, bacteria or any kind of “soft” diseases have a chance on you.
Since it is the flu season, we chose five simple recipes and ways for home ginger usage. These recipes are simple yet powerful, so, get the ginger and let us start!
1. Fresh Ginger TeaThe home ginger tea is one of the best remedies for colds, flu, sore throat occurrence and mitigate indigestion. The tea has a very calming effect, helps circulation and is very useful as a regular winter drink. There are many ways for its development and we now choose the simplest.
- 2 cups of regular water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice
Method of preparation:
Grate the ginger on grater, squeeze its juice, using your fingers, into a cup and pour boiled water over it. If you do not like your tea too strong, add a little more water or slightly sweeten it with honey.
2. Ginger & Coriander TeaWith the coriander-ginger combination we are getting tasty and excellent combination in the fight against flu. We wrote before about ginger combinations and since this tea is very powerful, use it often.
Coriander mixed with ginger equals drink with special aroma and pleasure. In the rich tradition of making Ayurvedic teas, this combination is known to be excellent for combating colds. Drink this tea as preventive for colds but is recommended as a every day’s beverage during flu season.
In addition, it acts on the throat and reduces inflammation, acts on the reduction of pain in the muscles. These muscle pains are often linked to being symptoms of flu.
Coriander’s cooling effect on the organism in combination with the powerful ginger force can provide a balanced heat for the entire body. This way, by combining two ingredients with opposite action, we get a powerful combination which is advantageous for our overall health.
Ingredients needed (for 2 cups of tea):
- ½ a cup of coriander seeds
- 3 circle slices of ginger
- 3 cups of water
Method of preparation:
Wash the coriander seeds and peel the ginger. Cut the ginger into very small pieces in order to get even stronger effect. Pour the water over the ingredients and cook until water evaporates on the amount sufficient for two cups of tea. Strain the tea and serve it. Drink it slowly while hot with small sips.
3. Paste Against HeadacheOne of the symptoms of colds and flu is an unpleasant occurrence of headaches. Before resorting to any medication, try to use ginger’s strong action.
In order to create this paste you will need ginger in powder. Mix the powder with lukewarm water. Use just enough of both ingredients in order to create a thick paste. Apply this paste on the forehead and temples. Lie down on the bed and relax. Take it easy and breathe slowly through your nose and wait for the headache to be gone.
4. Oil For Treating Muscle PainAh yes. When we have the flu, every part of our body hurts -- our bones, muscles etc. But this pain does not start all at once. Instead of reaching for the tea, try to treat your pain naturally by applying this oil. When applying this oil, gently rub and massage the painful area.
- Sesame / almond oil
- Fresh ginger juice
- Method of preparation:
Mix equal parts of the sesame or almond oil with ginger juice. Massage the painful area with this homogeneous mixture until you feel better.
5. Elixir For Strengthening ImmunityThis is one of the most traditional Ayurvedic recipes. It requires only 5 to 10 minutes for its preparation and the uses are numerous. The amount you are about to make depends on your needs. You can make just one teaspoon or an entire liter of this elixir. No matter how much you prepare, if you do not use it all at once, you can store the rest in a jar. This elixir has 2 months of shell life.
Ingredients needed (depending on the amount you decide to prepare):
- 3 whole lemons
- 200 grams raw honey
- 4 tablespoons Ginger juice
Method of preparation:
Add the lemon and ginger juice in the honey. You need to get syrup-like homogeneous mixture. If you are planning on making larger amount of this medicine and store it in a jar, make sure you add pieces of fruit into the jar, it will make the medicine even better.
If you use lemon bought at the store, make sure to get rid of lemon’s peel because of pesticides. If you use pure, homegrown lemons, you can add them together with their peel. Make elixir medium density and enjoy its smells, taste and healing properties. Take one teaspoon a day, you will feel better in no time!