Moles represent black, brown, or flesh-colored spots or marks on the skin that are created because of the collection of melanocytes. Moles are medically known as melanocytis nevi, and melanocytes is a unit which construct pigment, the coloring element also called melanin.
Moles often emerge at the age of 20-30. They may have different shape, they can be flat, lifted, uneven, steady, and they may or may not have hair. The number and presence of moles may depend on genetics, hormonal fluctuations or sun exposure.
There are some kinds of moles that would disappear as time passes, but there are others who won’t. We offer easy home therapy which will help you eliminate them. But before doing this, it is essential to examine the moles for abnormal characteristics, as asymmetry of the border, color, or diameter.
If the mole starts changing its shape or color, immediately visit a doctor to check whether it’s cancerous, because you can’t treat that kind of moles on your own.
This is the therapy we offer:
1. GarlicThis is one of the most effective therapies for moles since it consists of enzymes which break down the clusters of the cells that produce pigment. Also, it lightens the dark pigmentation.
Put a crashed garlic glove on the mole. Protect it with a plaster and leave it that way for at least 4 hours. Do this for a few days. The mole will fall off. This procedure is known to give positive outcome within 5 days. Clean the zone with placing alcohol or an alternate disinfectant before rehashing the procedure day by day. Additionally, to take care of the skin encompassing the mole, apply some petroleum jelly or oil.
Caution: Applying garlic on your skin can result in redness and irritation.
2. Apple Cider VinegarApple cider vinegar is an exceptionally famous home solution for mole evacuation. Because of its acid substance, it helps scab the mole and makes it disappear.
Put a cotton ball into an apple cider vinegar and insert it on the damaged area. Protect it with a plaster or a medical tape and leave it that way for a night. Keep doing this day by day for around 10 days or until the mole falls off. On the other hand, you can rub warm water on the mole or gently rub the surface with an emery board and afterward apply some apple juice vinegar on it until it becomes white. Let it that way until it dries naturally. Do this procedure a few times a day.
Apple juice vinegar is prone to aggravating the mole in the introductory few days, however it will show signs of improvement in a week. In the event of leaving a scar, apply coconut oil.
Note: To ensure the skin around the mole, apply some petroleum jelly on the encompassing zone before applying apple juice vinegar.
3. Castor OilCastor oil helps remove warts, moles, and skin tags. Being a discutient, it helps dissolve and eliminate unusual growths. This method is not likely to leave scars. However, it tends to take a lot of time as it gets rid of moles one layer at a time.
- Mix a pinch of baking soda and a few drops of castor oil. You can also mix in ground aspirin.
- Gently rub the mixture on your mole.
- Leave it on for a few hours until it dries naturally.
- Do this twice daily for about one month.
If you do not have baking soda, you can use castor oil alone.
4. Flaxseed OilFlaxseed oil is particularly useful for removing raised moles. It softens the moles and loosens them around the edges so they can easily come off.
- Mix enough finely ground flax seeds and honey with flaxseed oil to make a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for at least one hour.
- Follow this remedy three times a day for a few weeks.
5. IodineA tincture of iodine can also be used to remove moles and skin tags. It triggers natural cell death and eliminates the clusters. You can get iodine tincture from a drug store.
- Clean the affected area and apply a drop of 5% iodine solution on your mole. For flat moles, you can also scratch it slightly with an emery board before applying the iodine.
- Cover it with a bandage or gauze and leave it on overnight or as long as possible.
- Repeat the procedure daily for a week or two.
If you do not want to use a bandage, then apply the iodine solution two or three times a day and leave it on until it dries completely.
Note: Iodine will remove moles without scarring, but it is likely to stain the skin. To avoid this deep purple staining, apply a little lotion or petroleum jelly around the mole to protect the surrounding skin.
6. Pineapple JuiceFresh pineapple juice can help lighten the pigmentation of moles, thereby making them less noticeable.
- Soak a cotton ball in pineapple juice and apply it on your mole.
- Leave it on overnight or until the juice dries.
- Do this several times a day for a few weeks or until your mole fades.
For best results, use fresh pineapple juice made daily as it contains more citric acid. You can also use other acidic juices like that of lemons, grapefruits, and sour apples.
7. Grapefruit Seed ExtractBeing rich in vitamin E and flavonoids, grapefruit seed extract works as a good natural home remedy to get rid of moles.
- Apply one drop of grapefruit seed extract on your mole, cover it with a bandage or gauze and leave it on for a few hours. Do this two or three times a day for about one month.
- Alternatively, you can combine one part grapefruit seed extract and 10 parts avocado oil. Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Do this daily until you are satisfied with the results.
8. Onion JuiceOnion juice can help get rid of moles and maintain an even skin tone because of its acidic properties.
- Extract fresh onion juice and apply it on the affected area using a cotton swab. Leave it on for 30 minutes or more and then wash it off. Do this two or three times daily for at least three weeks.
- Alternatively, apply a mixture of equal parts of onion juice and apple cider vinegar. Leave it on overnight or at least for half an hour. Do this daily for a month or until your mole fades away.
9. FrankincenseFrankincense essential oil, being astringent in nature, helps dry up a mole and remove it layer by layer.
- Dilute frankincense essential oil by adding eight teaspoons of olive oil to one teaspoon of this oil.
- Dab it on your mole and leave it on for a few hours.
- Do this two or three times a day for a few weeks.
To prevent scarring, continue the treatment for several days even after the mole disappears.
Note: Do not use this remedy if it causes skin irritation.
10. Aloe VeraUnlike other acidic ingredients, aloe vera gel works as a mild natural remedy for removing and lightening skin moles.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the mole and secure it with a cotton bandage.
- Leave it on for three to four hours to allow the aloe to be absorbed completely.
- Do this two or three times a day for a month, or until you are satisfied with the results.
Before trying out these remedies, especially the ones with strong ingredients like garlic and apple cider vinegar, make sure your skin is not sensitive to them. Plus, if the remedy worsens the skin condition then discontinue its use.